These classes become more challenging as you go to the next level. New steps are introduced, more turns are added, some step transitions become quicker and the dance patterns do not repeat as often. They are listed in the order you should take them.
- Beginners Workshop: If you have not line danced before, register for one of our four or five-week (depending on the month) beginners workshops which start the first Wednesday of each month. The fundamentals of line dancing are taught and you will be dancing from the very first class. You will receive instruction in the basic steps and perform dances that will give you practice transitioning from one step to another. We have a new Beginners Workshops starting every month, except December.
- Beginners Plus: The Next Level Up from Beginners: If you are comfortable with the steps you learned in the Beginners class and want to go to the next dance level, try out Beginners Plus. You do not register in advance for this class, but pay each time you attend. You will be joining an ongoing class and should focus on the dances Kort is teaching.
- Upper Beginners
- Easy Intermediate
You know you are in the right class when you can learn the dances that are being taught in a lesson. Do not select your level by trying to pick up dances from the floor.
- Dance in Line – routines are mostly at the Beginner Plus to Upper Beginner levels. There is a variety of music used. Kort calls the steps, but does not teach in this class. You learn the dances through repetition. Kort adds new dances periodically to keep the class fresh. This class is particularly popular with our seasonal dancers because they can easily transition back into the class when they return to Sun City West.
- Kort’s Kreations – This popular class continues to grow each week. Some dancers attend to get more practice with their dance steps and others come for the dynamic dance routines we do, which provide an energizing workout. Kort choreographs all of the dances in this class giving him the opportunity to focus on certain dance steps and step transitions. Kort calls the steps, but does not teach in this class. The music changes each session so no two classes are exactly alike!
- Monthly Dances – a chance to dance all of the dances you’ve learned in the teaching classes. We know you come to dance and Kort’s format keeps you on the floor almost the entire time! He calls the steps and rotates through dances from the following classes: Dance in Line, Kort’s Kreations, Beginners Plus, Upper Beginners and Easy Intermediate.